"Mathews Bridge" Top 5 Page for this destination Bridges Tip by noidiotsplease
Bridges, Jacksonville: 6 reviews and 6 photos
The Mathews Bridge (a.k.a. the "red bridge") is one of the high bridges that connect Downtown to the city's booming southeastern neighborhoods and beaches.
Once you've crested the top, the view heading westbound into Downtown unfolds in an aerial panorama of the skyline fronted by ALLTEL Stadium and the Sports Complex. Heading eastbound, the horizon is dotted with a sprinkling of office buildings in the Deerwood/Tinseltown area and in the Regency area as well as the Dames Point Bridge and cargo cranes from the port. Occasionally, if you time it right, you can also see the top of a Carnival or Celebrity cruise ship in port just to the left of the Dames Point Bridge.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in Jacksonville (6)
More Reviews (136)
- See All Jacksonville's BEST "mall" is outdoors
- See All Great beach life atmosphere!
- Avoid the Northwest Quadrant of the city
- See All Independence Day Fireworks
- See All Natural beauty and upscale pleasures by...
- See All Lakes of grass
- See All St. Johns Town Center's landscaped Town...
- See All Intracoastal Waterway: Jacksonville's...
- See All A city that loves fireworks
- See All Golf Hall of Fame: center of the golf...
- Beach Casual
Been to Jacksonville?Share your travels with the world!
noidiotsplease's Related Pages
Have you been to Jacksonville?Share Your Travels