Hotel pacande: "Puting numerous homes together to gain more space" Alajuela Hotel Tip by Suzanne123

Alajuela Hotels: 27 reviews and 59 photos

The clean room was $25.00 for two and included a shared bathroom, internet access, and breakfast. I choose to stay in Alajuela because it is closer to the airport than San Jose ($2.00 cab ride) and it is a safer city! I do wish I was able to choose another room. This one had a window that looked into the shower stall of the bathroom! The shower had another window from a room on the other side also. In all there were four curtains, one on each side of the two windows which prevented anyone from being able to see into the shower, but I could still hear one other person using the bathroom which was not spotless clean like I desire. Also, the shower heater was the electric coil, common in Costa Rica, at the shower head. I prefer to not use those types at all.
The attendant that day was helpful and did some currency exchange for me.
Breakfast was a plate of fruit, coffee, and white bread. I really could have used some eggs!
I'm sure you could afford a better room and I'm sure you could probably find a nicer room for $20.00 elsewhere.
I'd probably do it again for a night! It was fully booked up, with international travellers, the weekend I was there so it is all well frequented hotel. Book ahead

Address: calle 2, Avienda 7
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Walk north of the parque (avienda central) and count of the blocks they count up by odd numbers Block 1,3,5, then 7 turn and walk left. Find a city map in a guide book and it will make sense.
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.hotelpacande.com

• Updated Mar 6, 2005

Comments

Suzanne123

“Where to next?”

Have you been to Alajuela?