"Rent apartments in Paris" Paris Hotel Tip by amyhouston

Paris Hotels: 2,033 reviews and 2,115 photos

One of the apartments we rented.
by amyhouston

If you're planning on staying longer than a week, I highly recommend considering renting an apartment. For around or cheaper than 3 star hotel, you get to see what it's like to live as a local with your own little kitchen, PC with internet, washer, etc.
Sample websites for search:
http://www.parisvac.com/ <--have not used, please let me know your experience.

We stayed at this apartment in Sept2006: http://www.clementine.la/
It was very clean, excellent location, efficient, and would highly recommend. I love the two balconies where you can see the eiffel and sacre coeur; love showering and looking at the eiffel lights at the same time. Jerome also stocked the fridge with bottled water, juice, and coke for us. It has cable and flat screen tv, very modern. Best part, this one had air conditioner with remote!

Unique Qualities: Emerge yourself into the culture by living like a Parisien. I find staying at many of the apartments are much cheaper than a 2 or 3 start hotel; plus you get the benefits of real privacy, bigger room, kitchen, some with internet connection and washer. I've only stayed at 2 hotels in Paris as I stay in studio/apartment all the other times. Start looking early as the good ones are always booked well in advance. And no, you don't have to settle for a studio with sofa bed as I don't like sofa beds. Give it a try!

Price Comparison: least expensive
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Other

• Updated Sep 11, 2006

amyhouston Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Paris?