Casa Linda: "The newer of the Budget style Hotels" Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Hotel Tip by cochinjew
Kochi Hotels: 79 reviews and 124 photos
I have noticed that old styled guest homes are disappearing in Cochin and instead boutique style hotels are taking over. This one owned by the Ballard Group is for more money conscious and less aesthetically effete tourists. Has a rest attached to it where the food is above average in quality ( I had Kerala fish curry, ghee rice ). Beer was served in tea pots ( is it to do with the fact that the hotel is owned by the Bishop?)
Unique Qualities: walking distance to the jetty. affordable rooms, downstair rooms are in the backpackers range and upstairs more expensive. many of the boarders seem to be long time stayers.. two portuguese volunteers here to restore the church at vypeen, an italian lady for dental treatment, a large group of middle aged french paying exorbitant amount of money to learn indian classical music.
Service is excellent and the manager there is Mr Anees Aboo Bakar who is my friend
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: For Cochin within walking distance of the Ferry and the Bus station
Price: less than US$20
More Hotels in Kochi (20)
More Reviews (111)
- See All NOT A GOOD CHOICE
- See All Getting your visiting card designed and...
- See All Air Asia from KL to Cochin
- See All India is the most Pro Israeli country in...
- See All Good South Indian Food
- See All On the Internet the Place looks fabulous
- See All Princess Street the Tourist Ghetto
- Adivasi, the original inhabitants of...
- See All antique stores along the jew town road
Been to Kochi?Share your travels with the world!
cochinjew's Related Pages
Have you been to Kochi?Share Your Travels