La dolce vita: "A piece of my country in Nepal..." Kathmandu Restaurant Tip by schlumpf

Kathmandu Restaurants: 106 reviews and 121 photos

Definitely a place to come if you want to eat well!
After more then 3 weeks in India, where I had a fatal match with the indian cousine and moreover with their igienic conditions, once I got in Kathmandu, I asked to my nepali friends, (thanks again Phritu!!!) to take me into a place where I could eat something good, accordling to my abits.
That said, my friend brought me in the center of Thamel, a.k.a. the tourist ghetto of Kathmandu, where there is an amazing and beautifull place to eat, called “LA DOLCE VITA”.
This place is an italian restaurant and has such a nice things to eat that goes from hundreds kind of pizza, to pasta, lasagne and so on.
They offer also such a “disocutned menu” that offesr you a pizza plus a coke and coffey for less then 100 nepali rupees which is definitely a great price!
The view from the balcony, like the balcony of Julia+Romeo, is something amazing, a lot of people walking ups and downs, and you are doing what?! Degusting an amazing lasagna with the home-made pasta! Unbelievable, if I could close my eyes, I could hear my mum asking me if i wish to have the second piece of that food!!!
I am italian, and I can assure , the lasagne are the most nicest one I have ever had outside my own country!
A great place to chill and moreover a great, centrally located and cheap place to eat!
Com’on y’all!

Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Tel 4700616
Thamel - Kathmandu

Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Written Feb 22, 2005

Comments

schlumpf

“Sky is the limit...”

Have you been to Kathmandu?