"Campbell Creek" Anchorage Favorite Tip by Scandic

Anchorage Favorites: 69 reviews and 61 photos

Favorite thing: This trail was one of my best friends in Anchorage, when I moved in there without knowing anybody. I lived very closed to it and soon discovered the peaceful trail with many natural wonders. I ran there some 4-5 times in a week, so if you noticed red-faced little blond jogging around (slowwwwly) in the summer 2004, it was probably me;)

Campbell Creek's northern trail head is located at 54th and the Old Seward Highway, next to Peanut Farm (restaurant). From here, the trail stretches 4 miles to its southern trail head located at West Dimond Blvd and Northwood Drive. The trail parallels the banks of the Campbell Creek crossing it many times, via wooden bridges, along the way.

Fondest memory: I saw mooses almost everytime I were there, also some salmons and rabbits. Campbell is not as pretty as Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, neither as interesting as Chester Creek or nothing compared to Kincaid. But it is an nice spice added into the husstle and busstel of the midtown itself. Along it is Taku lake, where is a good parking lot and it is a great place to chill out and enjoy beautiful summer day. But watch out of the bushes, those things are FULL of mosquitos with their long teeth...;)

• Written Feb 21, 2005

Comments

Scandic

“A chance meeting with a stranger may change your life.”

Have you been to Anchorage?