The Living Room Coffeehouse: "The Jennings House" Fort Rosecrans Restaurant Tip by lmkluque

Fort Rosecrans Restaurants: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Back Patio with view of the street.
by lmkluque

Originally I went to this location of the Living Room Coffehouse; Bistro and European Pastries because the building was one of San Diego's oldest. Frank Jennings built his home in 1886 and from his living room he could see the Bay of San Diego. That was long before Point Loma grew and now the view is obsured unless you go up stairs.

Since 1998 the Living Room has taken posession of the house and turned it into a comfortable and unique place to have coffee or a light meal.

Now, I stop here everytime I go to the Cabrillo N.M. or to Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, either before or after, to take a break. This photo is taken from my point of view as I sit in the back patio having a Café Mocha.

There is a front patio overlooking the street, and both stories of the building are open for dining. I'm told that a few improvements are being made and soon I'll see for myself.

Favorite Dish: Café Mocha is the only thing I've ordered here, but they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner between the hours of 6 a.m. and midnight. However, when I order I will choose the Baked Brie with fruit plate, salad with their special Lemon Chiffon salad dressing--my favorite. Their soups are homemade and delicious. Beautiful, rich and succulent pastries, and an espresso or Café Mocha will complete the meal.

Address: 1018 Rosecrans Street
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Down the hill from Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery turn right (south,) it will be on the right side of the street.
Phone: (619) 222-6852
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Coffeehouse
Website: http://livingroomusa.com/lrpointloma.html

• Updated Oct 3, 2012

More Restaurants in Fort Rosecrans (1)

Comments

lmkluque Visits Here Frequently!

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”

Have you been to Fort Rosecrans?