"Zouerat -> Bir Moghrein +-440km (part 2)" Region de l' Adrar Off The Beaten Path Tip by johnsakura

Region de l' Adrar Off The Beaten Path: 17 reviews and 17 photos

ow to get to bir moghrein mauritania sahara
by johnsakura

Half the way you pass the Rich Mountains, where on top you have a small café that usually have some Polisario taking some tea, painting new car plates with new numbers. No I think this is where the problem can be for many people. This is one of the dangers, as many people know that many old Polisario fighters from the old times are very nice and believe in victory for Western Sahara in the future. This are good working people fighting for their belief. But also remember that Polisario has a lot, a lot of smugglers, criminals and bandits assassins that kidnap and kill? Also the young generation of Polisario are quite rude and don?t know what they are fighting for? (Again personal opinion after being with then for many hours. They were rude, opposite to the older guys who were very polite and talk about their beliefs, but not the young ones.)
We were taken inside this wrecked house in the top of the rich mountains by this young Polisario boy who took us to his ?superior?. We were offered tea and joked about all the time until we went away and I said he was not honest and not polite. When he would give me the respect I give him and his cause, then I speak with him. and we went away. They were very rough and said they were Polisario and we should be afraid, etc? not with me. Although I think we were very lucky, cos we are Portuguese and one girl was Spanish. The old guys saluted us and instructed the young one to take care of their Spanish friends. Spain always gave support to the Polisario cause and with this we got some extra luck! Remember this also as other nationalities don?t work the same. On the same route, others get kidnapped?

continues on next tip

• Written Feb 17, 2005

“Straight forward please...”

Have you been to Region de l' Adrar?