MEETING KYRON WHILE WWOOFING: "WWOOFING CONTINUED- THE AFFAIR OF THE MAIDEN LADY" Australia Hotel Tip by Amelei

Australia Hotels: 236 reviews and 261 photos

Kyron and his beautiful locks
by Amelei

I take my sunglasses and head to the garden while it is still cool enough to work a few hours. This means that i can sneak away for a swim about mid morning.

I walk towards the garden and notice a figure attending to the weeds and rotating the soil with organic matter. I wave when he looks up and he smiles back, wipes his brow and waves back tieing his dreadlocks in a knot to keep off his face.

I walk over and introduce myself and i stop in my tracks. I just stare dumbfounded at 'him'. My heart quite literally stops for a second. He is simply the most stunning human being i have ever seen and i can feel my cheeks burning. He looks up again at my stupid expression and smiles and says ' Hello, I am Kyron. I came here last night. What is your name?' 'Um.. Amelei...', oh, i must have made the biggest fool of myself.

We worked for hours in the garden with little conversation, just the odd sentence here and there.

By 1pm we were so hot , so i offered to show him the creek at the bottom of the valley. Agroup of us went down with fruit and sat by the creek swiming for an hour.

That night a few of the WWoofers came to my tipi for chai and Kyron turned up later unexpected, much to my complete delight.

Weeks past and everyday i went to the garden and saw Kyron. In this time working , we began talking more and more until we couldnt stop talking. we had so much in common. His laugh was infectious and i loved this time we spent together.

We began seeing each other on the quiet after about 3 weeks. He would come to the house and drink chai tea and bring his guitar and play for a long time. We would sit and talk for hours about ou families, our dreams, our thoughts. He was so honest and spontaneous. We went for middnight swims and travelled to the markets on the weekends.

We travelled to Brisbane to see his friends and to sydney to see mine.

Unique Qualities: After a short time we were inseperable. Kyron was always there, but not suffocatingly. I craved his presence. He was just so wonderful, so beautiful to be around. He was so gentle and carried an auora of complete stillness.

It did not take long for him to move in with Megan and I. we both enjoyed early morning yoga sessions.

Times i would not see him for days as he wandered into the forest just to be on his own. He wanted to explore and escape some of the madness of this place. i totally understood.

i remember lying with Kyron one night and jsut saying 'Kyron i think im in love with you'. He smiled and pulled me to him 'I know im in love with you Amelei'. And so the mad love affair started.

We travelled all over the country together, worked together in allsorts of crazy situations. We danced together, loved deeply, laughed, never stopped laughing. I fell in love with his chocolate skin, his awesome dreads, his wonderful personality, his soft touch, his awesome heart. He would give you the shirt off his back if he knew you wanted it. He had nothing but had so much! He was the wealthiest person i knew.

I was truly touched by an angel being with Kyron for the short time that i was.....

Directions: We had a moment
Just one moment
Beyond a dream
Beyond a lifetime
We are the lucky ones
Some people never get what we got to do
Now and forever
I will always think of you
-Carole King-

Theme: Other

• Updated Apr 27, 2006

Comments

Amelei Lives Here!

Amelei

“I would rather regret the things i did do, than regret not doing them at all....”

Have you been to Australia?