Cafe 28: "Delightful Cuban Food..." Top 5 Page for this destination Cafe 28 Tip by deecat

Cafe 28, Chicago: 3 reviews and 2 photos

Cafe 28 in Chicago
by deecat

In January, Allan and I took our daughter out to eat at a favorite restaurant of hers calledCafe 28 on Irving Park Road in Chicago. It's a Cuban-Mexican Cuisine that was delicious. It's on a corner lot and takes us almost half a block. But inside, it is quite cozy with divided rooms. The room that we were in had brick walls covered with lovely framed photography by a local artist. Each room has a small bar-like space. Our waiter was really handsome. Even Allan said, "I wonder if all the waiters are that good looking?" Jill and I certainly agreed that he was cute, but better yet, he was friendly, helpful, and quite efficient.
The greeter at the entrance was also quite friendly. That sets the mood, and that positive mood continued all evening.
Their menu includes appetizers that they term as "starters", Salads, Soup, Sandwiches, Entrees, "Sides", and Desserts,.

Favorite Dish: The Black Bean Soup is a good place to start. It is quite delicious. Next, we ordered salads, which were not too large (that's good) and were fresh and crisp.
Then we shared an appetizer sampler with small examples of their popular treats. we all agreed that it was a hit. Allan partook of their Pork Chops which were oh, so, tender, and I had roast pork disk that was really an appetizer, but just the right size for my smaller appetite. I cannot remember what Jill ordered, but I know that she was quite pleased with it.
To end the wonderful evening, we split one dessert three ways, and that was a good idea because it was way to large for one person. To accompany the dessert, we had wonderful Cuban coffee.
I highly recommend Cafe 28.

Address: 1800-06 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60613
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (773) 528-2883
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.cafe28.org/

• Updated Feb 15, 2005

Comments

deecat Lives Here!

deecat

Have you been to Chicago?