Antique Shop: "Berber antiques" Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Shopping Tip by suvanki

Marrakesh Shopping: 115 reviews and 179 photos

Antique shop, Marrakesh

Antique shop, Marrakesh
      Berber Key
      Antique Shop, Marrakesh
    by suvanki

I was invited into this shop, while I was wandering about near Dar Si Said. I'm no expert on antiques, and I'm always a bit wary if they are genuine. However, the shop owner was keen to show me some of the many items he had on display.

He explained some of the items were Berber, from villages in the High Atlas mountains. He also had a lot of Jewish items.

When the Jews left the Mellah for Israel, many articles were sold, or left behind. I was shown jewellry, household goods and old scriptures.

I wasn't intending buying anything, but left with a Berber key, which I paid 50dh for.

Probably not a bargain, but a 'different' souvenir! I did enjoy poking around this shop though, although it was quite sad to imagine the owners of the goods selling them or having to leave them behind.

What to buy: Berber articles

House hold goods

Jewellery

Jewish scriptures

What to pay: Probably as little or as much as you want!

Address: Near Dar Si Said
Directions: Not sure of exact location, but I think I've got a business card somewhere, so will post details as soon as I've located it!
Theme: Antiques

• Updated Apr 14, 2008

Comments

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Marrakesh?