International Nasi Lemak: "Best Nasi Lemak in town" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Restaurant Tip by bpacker
Singapore Restaurants: 946 reviews and 1,240 photos
Nasi Lemak is just rice cooked with coconut milk but by itself it does not quite qualify as a dish. Ah, so when is nasi lemak truly NASI LEMAK? Well, for a greedy Singaporean, it needs at least the following to qualify:
1) Sambal or Anchovy-scented Chilli, the redder, the hotter, the better!
3) Chicken Wings ( Fried to a well-done crisp)
4) A wee bit of fish or sprinkling of anchovies
So you see in the end, you're not really feasting on the rice any more but the delicious ingredients that go with it. That is what makes it so delicious
Favorite Dish: The best nasi lemak shop in town has been a hotly debated item for years. So at the risk of inciting a riot, let me just recommend International at Changi Village Hawker Centre *. I won't say anymore other than the fact that I love the chilli there. Hell yes, if I carry on, a thousand and one hate mail will pour in, followed by a 1001 other recommendations.
*Beware of bloody long queues there.
About S$2.50 a plate
More delicious reviews on Bpacker's Food pages
Address: Blk 2 Changi Village Road #01-57 Singapore 500002
Directions: Hours: 10am - 12.30am
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Singapore (57)
More Reviews (82)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels