Bubba Gump: "You can saute it, broil it, fry it..." Bubba Gump Tip by joits

Bubba Gump, San Francisco: 10 reviews and 7 photos

Me and my buddy eatin at Gumps
by joits

This is a touristy type restaurant that has a Forest Gump theme. I'm sure there are much better seafood restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf, but I wanted to try this because I'm a fan of the movie and I've heard that the restaurant was pretty good.

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere to it. It's covered in Forest Gump memorabillia and it has a bar-type atmosphere.

On a Saturday night, service is pretty good as there are a ton of waiters and waitresses. As far as the food, its not bad. Maybe not worth it for the price... but I guess it was sort of an experience, sort of like going to Hard-Rock Cafe. If you like shrimp, then this is the place to go... most of the items on the menu feature shrimp. They have this cool deal, if you order beer in the 22oz pilsner glass, you get a free Bubba Gump pilsner glass from the giftshop after your meal.

And if you want to complete the tourist experience, there's a gift shop next door. Outside of the restaurant, there's a bench that has a replica of Forest Gump's briefcase and a box of chocolates as well as a replica of his Nike shoes so you can sit on the bench ala Forest Gump and take a picture.

Favorite Dish: Its not my favorite as I've only been there one time, but I ordered the "Boat Trash" item which is lobster strips, shrimp and mahi-mahi, all deep friend with fries and coleslaw. The fries and coleslaw were below average. But the seafood was pretty good and the portions are pretty huge... but then again, most restaurants in this country serve huge portions.

Address: Pier 39 Upstairs
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Fishermans Wharf
Phone: (415) 781-4867
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.bubbagump.com/

• Written Feb 13, 2005

Comments

joits

“The more the better I always say...”

Have you been to San Francisco?