Chez Ali: "Chez Ali - Fantasia, Food, Music and Dance!" Top 5 Page for this destination Chez Ali Tip by suvanki

Chez Ali, Marrakesh: 5 reviews and 6 photos

Cous Cous , Chez Ali

Cous Cous , Chez Ali
      Inside of one of the Caidal tents, Chez Ali, Marra
      Musicians and waiter, Chez Ali, Marrakesh
    by suvanki

An evening at Chez Ali is an experience not to be missed! I'd been looking forward to visiting, since reading VTers tips. I chose to celebrate my Birthday here.

I've written a bit about the venue and entertainment in my Nightlife tips.

Arriving at Chez Ali, we were led by our guide, to a room where the inside was decorated in the style of a traditional Caidal tent. The central area was where the food would be served, around the edge of the tent were tables and chairs.

Our first course was Harira - lentil/vegetable soup, followed by lamb M'choui (a whole lamb, spit roasted, usually served at celebrations) Next was chicken and vegetable cous cous, A sweet filo pastry dessert (which might have been Pastilla) then a platter of fresh fruits completed our meal. There was also Mint tea, but the Fantasia had started, so I missed this.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed all the dishes, This was a good opportunity to try these traditional Moroccan foods.

I also had a 1/2 bottle of wine (Kaiser Blanc 11.5%) and a large bottle of water (I think the wine and water cost 100dh)

I'm not sure how many people they cater for each night, our room had seating for about 150 people, and there were at least 6 of these rooms.

I paid 400dh for this trip through Panorama/Menara Tours. I think most tour companies offer this trip, but you can arrange it independently.

Address: Fantasia Chez Ali, Circuit Jaffaria, la Palmeraie.
Directions: Head along the Safi Road, there are huge billboards advertising Chez Ali.
Most tour groups offer a night here.

othercontact: fax 044 309382
Phone: 044 307730
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Jan 23, 2009

Comments

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Marrakesh?