Foothills: "Walking Boots and more!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Shopping Tip by suvanki

Sheffield Shopping: 22 reviews and 48 photos

These Hills are made for walking!!
by suvanki

Foothills is more than a shop! Everything you need for walking whether for a stroll, a walk in the peaks, or some serious trekking, this is the place to go, where you'll find the shop assistants are experts, and have a personal interest in 'The Great Outdoors'.

I needed a new pair of walking boots, and a friend recommended this establishment.

I checked out their web site first and was very impressed with the customer service offered as well as the range of goods.

The staff here are very knowledgeable, and are intent on making sure you have the correct item.

My feet were measured, then a selection of boots were tried on (different countries use different lasts, so a size 5 Italian may be very different to an Austrian)

I was then instructed to walk around the shop, and up and down ramps, over a tray of stones etc, to get a feel of different terrains. I was given odd sized boots to try too-ie Right foot size 5, Left foot 5.5 etc

The 3rd pair I tried were the ones! Even then, I was given another size to try, just to make sure. I was given lots of tips on fitting my boots, and aftercare. I was also given a 'certificated guarantee' with further hints and advise. Theres a 14 day return service too, if the boots aren't satisfactory.

Foothills stocks a wide range of clothing and equipment, plus they offer free guided walks (Derbyshire and Sheffield) on Wednesdays and other events/services.

Free coffee while browsing.

Interesting notice boards.

I wish every shopping experience was this good!

Great Customer Care!!!

What to buy: If buying Walking Boots, don't go anywhere else!

Yes, you might get cheaper elsewhere, but here you can be confident that you've got boots that fit correctly.

Walking clothing ( Rohan, Lowe Alpine, etc)
Maps and guides (local to worldwide) rucksacks
All manner of equipment for day walks to long treks at home or abroad.

What to pay: My boots cost 95.. I think starting price was about 60 up to very expensive! But this is where the pros shop!

Address: 11, Edgedale Road, Sheffield S7 2BQ
Directions: Off Abbeydale Road. The web site has maps and directions.
Small car park area in front of shop.

othercontact: Shop@foothills.co.uk
Phone: 0114 2586228 fax 0114 2584810
Theme: Sporting Goods
Website: http://www.foothills.co.uk

• Updated Sep 11, 2010

Comments

suvanki Lives Here!

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Sheffield?