"75,000 U.S. women in Vietnam" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Things to Do: 160 reviews and 313 photos
16 expositions of the Women In Military Service For America Memorial were put in chronological order. One of the most interesting were those on Korean and Vietnam wars.
I got to know that more than 75,000 in the U.S. Armed Forces were in Vietnam between 1962 and 1973. Are there any among 110,114 VT members living in the USA?
Almost 6,000 of them were nurses and medical specialists. When their tours the Southeast Asia ended, they quietly returned home to politically-torn America. Eight didn't come back: seven Army nurses and one Air Force nurse were killed. Until the dedication of this memorial, the women's contributions in the military service were seldom acknowledged.
Address: Administrative Building, Arlington, Virginia 22211
Directions: By metro to Arlington Cemetery station (+ a walk or metrobus) or by car (details in my Transportation Tips).
othercontact: +1 (703) 607-8585
Phone: +1 (703) 607-8000
More Things to Do in Arlington (45)
More Reviews (141)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All No jogging, limited riding a bicycle
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All Not for kids!
- See All What a meeting!
- See All Flags and the American law (2/2)
- See All Visitors with disabilities
- See All The black squirrel
- See All For night photography
- See All What an unexpected meetting!
- See All Fitness club and fun
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels