Tony's Place: "Tony's Place" Top 5 Page for this destination Topeka Restaurant Tip by AcornMan

Topeka Restaurants: 23 reviews and 22 photos

I went to Tony's Place because it advertises itself as having Swiss food with a German influence. However, there are only three things on the menu even remotely Swiss. Everything else is run of the mill chicken fried steak-stype stuff. I had the brat (which was decent and reasonably authentic), while my wife had the salmon (which was dry and not very good). There's a kind of nasty looking salad bar in the middle of the place with nothing special on it. Overall this place is catered toward people with an unadventurous palate. Making matters worse, the prices are actually quite high considering the relative low quality of the food. I was rather diappointed with Tony's Place and I'm not likely to go back unless I go for the cheese fondue (something you have to call ahead 24 hours in advance to get). Basically what I'm saying is that I would not recommend this place.

Address: 837 SW Fairlawn
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 785-272-0686
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 2
Theme: Local

• Written Feb 11, 2005

Comments

AcornMan Used To Live Here!

AcornMan

“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.”

Have you been to Topeka?