"Like in ancient Europe" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Things to Do: 160 reviews and 313 photos
The Classical Revival style of the Hemicycle contains many symbols and architectural details deeply rooted in the Greek and Roman Periods. It's one of those not so rare places in Virfinia when I could study ancient European cultures. I was surprised to see many houses, mansions and public buildings which contained architectural details typical for ancient Greece and Rome.
The wall contains base, pilaster or pier, spandrel, architrave, frieze and cornice.
The upper terrace is created by the turned balusters of the upper balustrade in shape of semicircle.
The central Niche contains every element expected in Classical Revival style. There is a base-relief of the Great Seal of the United States in the top center of the niche.
Address: Administrative Building, Arlington, Virginia 22211
Directions: By metro to Arlington Cemetery station (+ a walk or metrobus) or by car (details in my Transportation Tips).
othercontact: +1 (703) 607-8585
Phone: +1 (703) 607-8000
More Things to Do in Arlington (45)
More Reviews (141)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All No jogging, limited riding a bicycle
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All Not for kids!
- See All What a meeting!
- See All Flags and the American law (2/2)
- See All Visitors with disabilities
- See All The black squirrel
- See All For night photography
- See All What an unexpected meetting!
- See All Fitness club and fun
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels