"Family of Kennedy gravesite" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Things to Do: 160 reviews and 313 photos
The itinerary to the most popular place of the Arlington National Cemetery that is the gravesite of Kennedy family is well signed. It's located on a hillside and consists of the three parts:
1. The gravesite of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, his wife, son and future gravesite of his living daughter (on my picture);
2. Larger square below, with great views over Washington, DC and inspring incriptions;
3. Small and very modest gravesite of Robert Francis Kennedy, brother of John.
This gravesite, on my picture, looks surprisingly modest. I was a little bit disappointed at first. I simply expected to see some monuments, inspiring inscriptions, flowers etc. Instead, there is an eternal flame in front of four modest commemorative plaques affixed to the ground on a small and fenced flat square. Each plaque contains nothing more but the following names and dates, from the right on my picture:
1. Patrick Bolivier Kennedy; August 7, 1963 - August 9, 1963;
2. John Fitzgerald Kennedy; 1917 - 1963;
3. Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis; 1929 - 1994;
4. Daughter; August 23, 1956.
P.S. Original gravesite (look here, scroll the page down) was fenced by a white, wooden fence and looked more... how to say... human, private, just better in my opinion.
Address: Administrative Building, Arlington, Virginia 22211
Directions: By metro to Arlington Cemetery station (+ a walk or metrobus) or by car (details in my Transportation Tips).
othercontact: +1 (703) 607-8585
Phone: +1 (703) 607-8000
More Things to Do in Arlington (45)
More Reviews (141)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All No jogging, limited riding a bicycle
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All Not for kids!
- See All What a meeting!
- See All Flags and the American law (2/2)
- See All Visitors with disabilities
- See All The black squirrel
- See All For night photography
- See All What an unexpected meetting!
- See All Fitness club and fun
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels