"France, Italy, Korea, Germany" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Things to Do: 160 reviews and 313 photos
The Arlington National Cemetery is American military cemetery. Thus I could easily find monuments to American troops fighting in various part of the world. Just one example: the monument to the 3rd Infantry Division of the United States Army erected in 1990.
There is a commemorative plaque put by the monument with detailed information on the unit which took part in WWi, WII (North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France) and war in Korea and as part of the NATO defence force is stationed in Germany since 1957.
ROCK OF THE MARNE
The 3rd Division was organized in Camp Greene, North Carolina in November 1917 and sent to France in 1918. Ot distinguished itself in defence of the Marne River at Chateau-Thierry, 45 miles northeast of Paris. This action earned the division the proud motto, "Rock of the Marne".
Address: Administrative Building, Arlington, Virginia 22211
Directions: By metro to Arlington Cemetery station (+ a walk or metrobus) or by car (details in my Transportation Tips).
othercontact: +1 (703) 607-8585
Phone: +1 (703) 607-8000
More Things to Do in Arlington (45)
More Reviews (141)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All No jogging, limited riding a bicycle
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All Not for kids!
- See All What a meeting!
- See All Flags and the American law (2/2)
- See All Visitors with disabilities
- See All The black squirrel
- See All For night photography
- See All What an unexpected meetting!
- See All Fitness club and fun
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels