"Don't take pictures inside a Post Office in Italy" Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Local Custom Tip by mapakettle
Padova Local Customs: 54 reviews and 86 photos
A short while ago, I attempted to pick up a parcel from the main Post Office in Padova. In order to be served efficiently, you are expected to depress the appropriate button on the machine shown in the accompanying photo. However, you have five buttons to choose from, each button for a different function of the Post Office, including banking.
I messed up (twice), and finally decided to take a photo of this machine for future reference and correct translation purposes.
Well, I learned the hard way. I had an angry postal worker to answer to, plus a couple of the boys in blue who wanted an explanation of my actions. Apparently terrorism is a concern, but primarily to foil would be bank robbers 'casing the joint'.
I was forced to erase my photo, but found upon my return home, that I had actually taken two pictures. This one survived, although it is a tad blurry.
More Reviews (70)
- See All This is the worst ever...!!!
- See All Need a travel agent for Italy?
- See All Caffetteria Manin
- See All A Church built of straw...well wheat...
- See All Fog, about 8am.
- See All A Jewel hidden in backstreets of the...
- See All Doors open the WRONG way..or is it the...
- See All Looks like rain...
- Bathrooms, wonderful inventions in time...
- See All Actually, we go Saturday afternoon....
- Dare I say it.......?
Been to Padova?Share your travels with the world!
mapakettle's Related Pages
Have you been to Padova?Share Your Travels