"Victims of Iran and space shuttles" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Things to Do: 160 reviews and 313 photos
I saw these three gravesites, on my picture, that is from the left:
1. Memorial to the Crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger with seven faces of the victims of the space shuttle catastrophy and the following writing:
"In gratefull and loving tribute to the brave crew of the United States space shuttle Challenger, 28 January 1986".
2. Iran Rescue Mission Memorial with the names and dates of birth of the seven victims and the writing:
"In honor of members of the United States armed forces who died during an attempt to rescue American hostages held in Iran, 25 April 1980"
3. Memorial to the Crew of the Space Shuttle Columbia with drawing of the space shuttle and writings:
"In memory of the crew of United States space shuttle Columbia, 1 February 2003".
Address: Administrative Building, Arlington, Virginia 22211
Directions: By metro to Arlington Cemetery station (+ a walk or metrobus) or by car (details in my Transportation Tips).
othercontact: +1 (703) 607-8585
Phone: +1 (703) 607-8000
More Things to Do in Arlington (45)
More Reviews (141)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All No jogging, limited riding a bicycle
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All Not for kids!
- See All What a meeting!
- See All Flags and the American law (2/2)
- See All Visitors with disabilities
- See All The black squirrel
- See All For night photography
- See All What an unexpected meetting!
- See All Fitness club and fun
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels