"The worst pub in Ireland" Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Warnings Or Dangers Tip by sourbugger
Ireland Warnings and Dangers: 123 reviews and 75 photos
The Dereen Inn, Abbeyknockmoy, Co Galway
I celebrated the new year of 2004/2005 in this unholy cesspit. Don't ask why, it's quite complicated story and involves mythical Brazilian lap-dancers.
This pub, if situated in London would probably be referred to a 'designer dingy', but here it's just a crap pub. The toliets in particular have to be smelt to be believed. Tiling like this comes with it's own visible health warning.
They had a re-fit a few years back which involved repainting the place the same dismal colour it was before. To be fair the classy arrangement of broken mirror glass arranged on the wall in the manner of crazy paving was removed.
On the plus side they serve Guinness and you can always be sure of a seat.
More Warnings and Dangers in Ireland (9)
More Reviews (66)
- See All Ancient crossroads of the nation
- See All Donegal's only Five star hotel
- See All Always make that connection...
- Be warned.....
- See All The most authenic pub in Ireland ?
- See All A rarae treat - a good Chinese
- See All Great joke.
- See All Be prepared for big delays...
- See All Avoid the bloody big ice cubes
- See All More irish music than you could shake a...
- See All The Galway Festival of racing
- Be prepared for the weather
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels