"Throwing Beads from Balconies" Top 5 Page for this destination Beads Tip by ATXtraveler
Beads, New Orleans: 9 reviews and 17 photos
During Mardi Gras, Beads are the currency used for different purposes. The kings and queens of Mardi Gras are the groups who have their own balcony. From up on the balcony, these folks have the best view of the happenings on the street.
If you are interested in staying on one of these balconies, you have to book up to one year in advance!
Enjoy Mardi Gras!
More Local Customs in New Orleans (4)
More Reviews (49)
- See All Bicycling
- See All Drag Queens
- See All Balconies versus Galleries
- See All Creole Style Pizza and Pasta
- See All French Quarter Carriage Rides
- See All Voodoo Dolls
- See All Style in the heart of the Quarter
- November Packing List
- See All Pickpockets Vacation Holiday
- See All Late Night Pizza and Daquiris
- See All New Orleans History
Been to New Orleans?Share your travels with the world!
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels