Tahoe Luxury Rentals: "Rent a house" Homewood Hotel Tip by karenincalifornia

Homewood Hotels: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Vacation rental on Lake Tahoe's west shore
by karenincalifornia

Lodging is limited on the west shore. Unlike all the other parts of Lake Tahoe, the west shore does not have wall-to-wall condos and motels.

Your best bet is to rent a house. If you rent a house with several people, the cost per person is quite a bargain. I have never had a problem finding a suitable rental in the area, even at the last minute.

My favorite rental agency by far is Tahoe Luxury Rentals. Don't equate "luxury" with "great expense." This agency does have some very expensive homes for rent, but they also have many economic rentals as well.

Do note that Tahoe Luxury Rentals requires 100% of the payment in advance and they make it very clear to you the payment is nonrefundable. Therefore, we have never booked a house with this agency unless we were absolutely committed.

Unique Qualities: I have been happy with every single home we have rented from Tahoe Luxury Rentals. All the homes are in superb condition and beautifully decorated . (Well, ok, the funky one we rented during P-week with its East Indies decor and what looked like shrunken heads on the walls didn't exactly make me want to call up Architectural Digest and demand that they feature that home.)

I highly recommend this agency, particularly if you are planning to stay on Lake Tahoe's west shore. It is the only agency in the area with a decent selection of west shore homes.

Address: P.O. Box 1823, Tahoe City, Ca 96145 (main office)
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 800-581-8828
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Other

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

More Hotels in Homewood (1)

Comments

karenincalifornia

“Happy hours . . . timeless friends”

Have you been to Homewood?