"Geographical Savoir Faire is a must for India" Top 5 Page for this destination India Packing List Tip by Hmmmm

India What to Pack: 103 reviews and 42 photos

Here we all are with a heap of Luggage. ADI
by Hmmmm

Luggage and bags: Take a pack (Rucksack). Nothing more.

Oh I take a large bumb bag (worm to the front with straps) that carries my Camera, lenses and books pens etc. (About 5 litres)

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Sandals (and a pair of sneakers if you visit the Himalaya)

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I bought everything I needed in India (but then I am a male) save insect repellant.

Photo Equipment: I bought with me, a small canon ixus 4200 for portability and snaps.
Canon EOS 3 with a 28-300 lense
Filters
Thats it

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: I bought none of that with me.

Miscellaneous: Clothes I bought light cotton clothes in India. A lungi is a good oneif you are one the beach (it triples as a towel and an extra blanket). For the Himalaya you need Long pants, a jersey and a parker. Trekking equipment you can hire. Boots (you'll need to bring if you are going Alpine)

India is a Hot country... PACK LIGHT! A pack according to weher you are going to be. Don't carry
mountain clothes around Rajasthan, and don't wear only cotton in Kashmir and Jammu.

othercontact: http://www.travellinglight.org

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Hmmmm

“ONLY THAT UPON WHICH YOU FOCUS, WILL GROW.”

Have you been to India?