"Geographical Savoir Faire is a must for India" Top 5 Page for this destination India Packing List Tip by Hmmmm
India What to Pack: 103 reviews and 42 photos
Luggage and bags: Take a pack (Rucksack). Nothing more.
Oh I take a large bumb bag (worm to the front with straps) that carries my Camera, lenses and books pens etc. (About 5 litres)
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Sandals (and a pair of sneakers if you visit the Himalaya)
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I bought everything I needed in India (but then I am a male) save insect repellant.
Photo Equipment: I bought with me, a small canon ixus 4200 for portability and snaps.
Canon EOS 3 with a 28-300 lense
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: I bought none of that with me.
Miscellaneous: Clothes I bought light cotton clothes in India. A lungi is a good oneif you are one the beach (it triples as a towel and an extra blanket). For the Himalaya you need Long pants, a jersey and a parker. Trekking equipment you can hire. Boots (you'll need to bring if you are going Alpine)
India is a Hot country... PACK LIGHT! A pack according to weher you are going to be. Don't carry
mountain clothes around Rajasthan, and don't wear only cotton in Kashmir and Jammu.
More Reviews (80)
- See All Manikarnika Ghat (Bis.)
- See All Sweepers, Dalits aka The Untouchables
- See All Don't swim in the Ganges Like the Bufala...
- See All Nice and Central.
- See All The Thar Desert, In Kuldhara, Rajasthan.
- See All Poverty: A Constant Reality
- See All The Palace of Winds (Hawa Mahal) Up...
- See All Getting Sleep in Varanasi is Difficult.
- See All Not as quick as India Rail thats for...
- See All Do you feel like a Bhang Lassi? A Bhang...
- Play Cricket in the street with the Kids
- See All Shopping in Jaipur, Rajasthan
Hmmmm's Related Pages
Have you been to India?Share Your Travels