"Skip expensive restaurants" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1

Arlington Warnings and Dangers: 23 reviews and 25 photos

by matcrazy1

I can't say that Arlington was extraordinarily expensive for me.

But we wouldn't find there so good hotels (Sheraton and Hyatt-Regency) at such good price unless Priceline work for us. Regular prices for accommodation exceed $100 or mostly $150 per night except the Days Inn for about $80.

Public transportation (metro) is efficient and inexpensive. Parking lots, no worries, it's not San Francisco, at average price as for a city.

Great food, I ate, in restaurants in Crystal City were not expensive as well.

However, the restaurant located on the last floor of Hyatt Regency Crystal City hotel called Chesapeake Grill was very expensive. Generally I am not a fan of hotel restaurants, especially in higher ranked hotels, as they often don't offer much more for twice the price than local restaurants and often serve small portions. But referring to hotel leaflet the restaurant offered not only great choice of food and wines but the best panoramic view over the Washington, DC. So, at first, when we arrived to the hotel in the evening, Uszula, Kathy and I wanted to eat in this hotel restaurant.

Warning: the choice of food was not that wide, the view was over the Ronald Reagan National Airport and the Potomac River from the one side and over other hotel buildings in Crystal City from the opposite side. I would have to spend over $40 (with a tax and tip) per person to eat there. So, we left that completely empty restaurant and had great food at about 3 times lower price in chain Chili's restaurant. Two days before we had top class tapas at local restaurant Jaleo for only a little bit higher price than in Chili's.

othercontact: Fax: +1 (703) 418 1289
Phone: +1 (703) 418 1234
Website: http://crystalcity.hyatt.com/property/hotelinfo/dining/dining_info.jhtml?id=0&ssnav=0

• Updated Feb 5, 2005

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Arlington?