"Take one free!" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Local Customs: 29 reviews and 30 photos
These three white boxes, on my piture, are put by the entrance/exit to Crystal City metro station. They contained free advertising leaflets or rather thin books, with real estates and cars offers. It was too late for me, I already hired a car for 30 days and spent a lot. But Urszula had to be interested in a house purchase in lovely neighbourhoods of Arlington as she took one book.
Well, such boxes are not unique to Arlington, I am sure, but despite my 38 days spent in the USA a year before, I noticed them for the first time just in Arlington. It's a very small thing but traveling around the world you may easily notice that there are numerous countries where such kind of advertising is unknown:
1. countries with no or very weak free market, like my country, Poland under communist rulers till 1989, when free market was an abstraction, crazy fantasy or a dream and any advertising (surely except of the communist party) had to be a loss of money
2. countries where locals are poor enough to regularly clean such boxes and use the advertising books as a free sorce of paper or something else.
That's why, I was a little bit proud when I saw similar boxes for the first time in my fast growing country a few years ago.
More Local Customs in Arlington (18)
More Reviews (168)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All No jogging, limited riding a bicycle
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All More attractions at Women's Memorial
- See All Not for kids!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels