Yellow metro line: "Amused VT-gang comes back to hotel" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Nightlife Tip by matcrazy1

Arlington Nightlife: 40 reviews and 59 photos

KATHY AND URSZULA, BOTH AMUSED :-)
by matcrazy1

LEFT BY NAT
On the second day of our VT-adventures we were left by Nat. Unfortunately we were so fascinating with Smithsonian museums of Washington DC that we didn't find enough time to buy Nat some clothes to change (Nat originally didn't plan to stay for a night with the rest of VT-gang and 24 hours with no clothes to change was enough for him although hmm... both I and Urszula didn't feel anything unpleasant around him). Well, even if we want to go shopping, Nat hates shopping... me generally, too.

VT-MEETING
We had great, great nightlife during our second VT-meeting evening but it belongs to my Washington DC, not Arlington page. We (Urszula, Kathy, Christi and I) met again Kristi (dabs) from Chicago, Illinois and for the first time Tania (skye820) from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Kent (Kentbein) from Fairfax, Virginia. Shortly here: it was a blast, I and Urszula are both proud to meet you both and can't wait to meet you again. Welcome to Poland.

MULTIRACIAL METRO CAR
We went back to our Sheraton National hotel first by short ride by yellow metro line to Pentagon station. I was watching quite numerous folks paying attention especially, as always, for non-whites. Excuse, I have no such opportunities in Poland and during my first days in the USA, both times, I used to look at Blacks, Asians, Latinos etc.

Dress Code: It's interesting that whenever I stared at casual US woman or a guy (say, on average US street), never mind his/her age or gender, and she/he noticed my sight, she/he immediately sent me a smile (100%!). Hmm... in some countries I visited (including partly my lovely Poland) it's not 100%, believe me. Sometimes you may hear "what do you want" or something more rude. Well, I heard about low class, dangerous districts in some US cities but I found US high crime districts exclusively in Hollywood movies (who make them???), never during my exactly 18,102 miles (29,132 km) driven by hired cars. Well, maybe once (at daytime :-) I drove through bad district of Los Angeles.

CHRIS AND TRANSFER
Our VT-king of good organisation, Chris, worried about our way from Pentagon to the hotel. He found small black box on the station with the writing TRANSFER. It was the vending machine which gave us (free) small tickets called transfers. Later on, when we showed them to a driver at a metrubus we paid only 35c fare. Since that time I knew what the tranfer was.

VT-LADIES
Both Kathy and Urszula were very amused in the metro car. They communicated quite well and laughed loud all the time. As for Urszula, no wonder, she still had a jet lag and it was her time, morning hours.

You may see all kinds of dresses in the metro including elegant costumes, suits and ties and... enlarge the picture.

Theme: Other

• Updated Sep 23, 2006

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Arlington?