VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Killing Fields" Killing Fields Tip by mischk

Killing Fields, Phnom Penh: 2 reviews and 1 photos

Favorite thing: For anyone thinking of taking a moto / tuk tuk to the Killing Fields, don't do it. I'm not trying to put the poor bastards out of business, but a recent trip there was the bumpiest, most crazy ride and although the road doesn't look that bad, I don't recommend it.
We were hanging on, trying to stop our teeth from slamming together and to keep our bums on the seat. Those little motos are quite well-made but we were shaking about like dice in a can. Terrible road. Although it only goes on for 20 minutes or so, we watched with jealousy as people cruised past on mororbikes. I would recommend taking a motorbike, even if there are 2 of you.
Also, take a Kroma - one of those scarfs the Cambodians wear. Throughout my trip it was one of the best purchases I made - perfect for protecting yourself from wind, rain, pollution, dust and dirt, especially good for dusty roads around Cambodia.

• Written Feb 2, 2005

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Phnom Penh?