" Sweet B&B on Capitol Hill" Doolittle Guest House Tip by gosiaPL

The Doolittle Guest House
by gosiaPL

Perfect location to start with, and a really beautiful house with lovely front garden - just look at this picture! Three nice clean rooms are available, each one with a private bathroom and antique furniture, and each one having its own name: George Washington Suite, Abraham Lincoln Room and Thomas Jefferson Room. I stayed at the Lincoln room with a four-poster bed and a fireplace. Really nice!

Breakfast was healthy and tasty, and you sit at a big table with all the other guests (if they happen to be in the dining room while you're there). You chat with others over breakfast as if in a family, and you don't have that feeling of being completely anonymous like you do in hotels. There's also a library for reading and relaxing, or accessing the internet if you need to do so.

The owners are extremely nice people, it was a pleasure to chat with them! And I was ever so grateful when the lady owner offered us a lift when I wasn't feeling well. She was a treasure offering this added value! I really recommend this place, I will gladly stay there again if I return to Washington D.C.

Address: 506 East Capitol Street
Comparison: N/A
Directions: Just four blocks from the Capitol
othercontact: doolittlehouse@yahoo.com
Phone: 202 546 6622
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Bed and Breakfast

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

gosiaPL

“Take the road less travelled...”

Have you been to Washington D.C.?