"Great company, price, location, views" Top 5 Page for this destination Sheraton National Tip by matcrazy1

Sheraton National, Arlington: 1,167 reviews and 10 photos

SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL

SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL
      SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL - INFO SIGN
      SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL - FRONT VIEW
      SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL - LOBBY
      SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL - BANQUET HALL

THE LEAST EXPENSIVE
Before our trip to the USA Chris (balfor) from Atlanta found and book a room in this hotel on Priceline for only about $70 with a tax and without breakfast and parking fee. We all (my wife, Kathy, Chris, Nat and I) shared one room and cost. So, unexpectadly it was our least expensive accommodation in the USA we ever had and the best hotel as well. Unbelievable! Just in case... the room for 4 normally goes for more than $150. I want to have internet in my car while driving around the USA :-).

ROOM
Our room 425 was spacious, surely clean and very nice like the bathroom. Only the washbasin was too small for VT-gang or rather all that beer and wine we wanted to cold with ice (very efficient ice vending machine was in the hall). Well, it was designed for washing hands... The view over the window was on opposite direction to the Pentagon and Washington, DC :-(. Anyway, I was very, very satisfied about the hotel.

VIEWS
The hotel stands alone as the tallest building in this area. The views over the Pentagon, Washington, DC and Crystal City are spectacular. I am sure you watched it on TV as the hotel was occupied by journalists after terrorist attack over the Pentagon as the only hotel with such view.

Unique Qualities: On 16th floor there was a ballroom with a few tables put outside, when we continued our VT-meeting till late night enjoying breathtaking views over Pentagon and Washington DC. There is also nice although small indoor heated pool with a bird eye view towards the Pentagon, Crystal City and Washington, DC. Add well equipped fitness center. Both open 24h.

Free shuttle service to Pentagon City metro station every half an hour (to Reagan National Airport as well).

Address: 900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Close to the Pentagon, corner of main Columbia Pike. Details in my transportation tips and here
othercontact: Fax: (703) 271-6626
Phone: +1 (703) 521-1900
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.sheratonnational.com

• Updated Feb 23, 2005

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Arlington?