"Coral Bay" Australia Things to Do Tip by martin_nl

Relaxing with wine & food at beach of Coral Bay

Relaxing with wine & food at beach of Coral Bay
      One of the beaches at Coral Bay
    by martin_nl

When I got my PADI open water I left for Coral Bay, the next town along the west coast. This really is a small town since only about 200 people live here permanently. There is one hostel, two campgrounds and one hotel. The beaches here again are very nice and you can swim from the beach right to the reef to see many colourful fish and loads of beautiful coral. I came to Coral Bay alone, but met some people on the beach whom I had already met in Darwin before. Such a small small world eh? In the evening we bought a few bottles of wine some crackers and some dips and went down to the beach to enjoy the sunset and our acquired food. Next day I went on a iving trip on the reef, which was just great. Saw loads of fish again and also turtles and nudibranchs.

Aparat from lazing about on the beach and diving or snorkeling there is not much to do in Coral Bay and that is also pat of its charm. People here don't wear foorwear and look strange at you if you do. The one street in town is completely covered in sand so why would you even wear flip flops?

• Updated Sep 15, 2005

Comments

martin_nl

“It's all good...”

Have you been to Australia?