Albergo Olivedo: "Outstanding food, magnificent views" Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Hotel Tip by rexvaughan

Lago di Como Hotels: 12 reviews and 27 photos

Albergo Olivedo
by rexvaughan

This is the ideal place to stay! The hotel sits right on the lake. Our room had views to both the west (of the lake) and the north (of the Alps). The room was quite spacious and well appointed. The bath and toilet were in a separate room but private. The lady who runs the place (I can't remember her name and don't know if she still owns/runs it) was a human daynamo. She was welcoming guests, serving dinner and speaking about 6 languages. She was most cordial and helpful. When I checked out she wished us well then gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Unique Qualities: I said this is the ideal place to stay and certainly the ideal place to eat. The dining room is somewhat formal with pink and white linen which gave a nice atmosphere to the wonderful food. My wife and I agreed that the best meals we had in Italy were here and Guido's in Siena.

Breakfast is included and is quite good but basic Italian fare.

I can't give this place a high enough recommendation. It was fabulous!

The latest prices (June 2006) I have seen via their website indicate a 3 day stay including dinner (which is fabulous) will run about $100 per person but it is well worth it. Prices vary by season and by whether or not meals are included and in some seasons half board is mandatory.

Address: Piazza Martiri 4
Comparison: about average
Directions: About 3 blocks from the train station. On the lake right at the ferry docks.
Phone: 39 0341 830 115
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.olivedo.it/

• Updated Jun 4, 2006

Comments

rexvaughan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to Lago di Como?