"A reunion at the airport" Top 5 Page for this destination Personal Memories and Impressions Tip by sabsi

Colm and I in Düsseldorf
by sabsi

Fondest memory: My boyfriend and I had one of our long awaited <b>reunions</b> on Düsseldorf airport after having been apart for almost 2 months. I went there to pick him up. It was shortly after the September 11 events and at that time everyone was really aware at airports because of bombs etc. I was at the airport early because it has been raining heavily all day and I didn't want to get soaked in Dusseldorf city centre - I just wanted to be somewhere dry! I stood at the arrival and watched other people having reunions (I like that. Well, I love reunions!) when I realized a suitcase next to a conveyor belt inside the gates. It stood there for more than an hour, noone noticed - not even the border police that walked by at least a hundred times). I didn't say anything because I didn't want all arrivals to be cancelled. I had waited for Colm for 8 weeks, and I wouldn't have liked to wait for more minutes than necessary....

• Written Sep 8, 2002

Comments

sabsi Lives Here!

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Have you been to Düsseldorf?