"I visited two Chinese..." Saint Louis Restaurant Tip by whenitworks

Saint Louis Restaurants: 226 reviews and 163 photos

I visited two Chinese restaurants in St. Louis. It is a very seldom case when I travel abroad, because I cannot agree that the Chinese restaurants outside China provide real Chinese food. Most of them are selling something others. The only place to eat Chinese food is China. However, the first one I visited was by the St. Louis Galeria, when we were very hungry during the shopping. The food was very tasteful, but I think it is just because that we were so hungry. One of my friends told me that a trick of the cooker is to keep his guests hungry before serving them food. The second one was downtown, HUNAN Restaurant. It was run by a Chinese couple, the husband having been a doctor in China. They were so happy to see a group of Chinese partying in their place. Acutally they joined us when the other guests had gone. An unforgetable evening. They freed us from beer when we insisted to leave two bottles of wine which we had brought with us from China. It's a pity the restaurant was not there any more the second time I was in the city.

Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Updated Aug 24, 2002

Comments

Have you been to Saint Louis?