"I rented a car" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Transportation Tip by matcrazy1

Arlington Transportation: 47 reviews and 67 photos

WALKWAY TO CAR RENTALS AT NATIONAL AIRPORT

WALKWAY TO CAR RENTALS AT NATIONAL AIRPORT
      BUDGET CAR RENTAL AT NATIONAL AIRPORT
    by matcrazy1

In October 2004 I rented Premium car (Buick LeSABRE) for 31 days in Budget at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) in Arlington, Virginia.

WHY IN ARLINGTON?
This Budget car rental had the least expensive offer for a car I wanted to rent (mid-size for 31 days with unlimited mileage). Other offers in this area (I checked tenths) were usually at least a few hundred bucks more expensive. Keep in mind that for non-US resident, like me, the most expensive is full insurance coverage which, anyway, I strongly suggest to purchase.

HOW MUCH?
I paid $1814.54 in total including insurance (LDW, Loss Damage Waiver + SLI, Suplemental Liability Insurance) which cost $644.35. I got discounts worth a few hundred bucks: I paid over $440 less for LDW and I paid the price for a Mid-size car although I rented a Premium car.

DID I PAID A LOT?
Hiring a car in the USA was very expensive for me. It was my main expense, difficult to bear although, thanks to weak US dollar my money was worth almost 20% more than a year before. But I can't complain. I enjoyed my southern odysey by a hired car a lot and I would spend that money for it again and again. I even can't imagine how to visit so many wonderful places without a car. A car is a must for everyone who wants to discover real beauty and variety of the USA.

WHERE TO LOOK FOR A CAR RENTAL?
Check first all car rentals at the airport of your arrival:
- Car rentals at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Car rentals at Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
- Car rentals at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)

Mode: AROUND
othercontact: http://www.budget.com
Phone: +1 (800) 527-0700
Type: Car/Motor Home

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Arlington?