"Three in one" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Local Customs: 29 reviews and 30 photos
Enlarge my picture, taken in Rosslyn, commercial and transportation center of Arlington County, to see three typical features of, not only Arlington, but most U.S. cities:
1. U.S. National Flag - painted on empty side wall of an edifice; I have never seen any other country which displayed so many national flags both in public and private buildings and houses and not in national holidays. Isn't it a sign of patriotism common after WTC attack?
2. Multi-story parking lot - I have never seen any other country with so numerous tall buildings in downtown designated for parking lots. Well, the USA is a car country, no doubt.
3. Huge air-condition instalations and ventilation ducts through which the hot air escapes. They are numerous and this hot air have to make Arlington even more hot in summer. The USA is a country of air-condition which is everywhere.
More Local Customs in Arlington (18)
More Reviews (168)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All No jogging, limited riding a bicycle
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All More attractions at Women's Memorial
- See All Not for kids!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels