"A Big Gun Indeed!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mons Meg - Edinburgh Castle Tip by scottishvisitor
Mons Meg - Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh: 3 reviews and 4 photos
Mons Meg has been fired almost every day since 1861 at precisley one o'clock. The gun is Europes oldest surviving medievil cannon. The cannon is now in retirement at Edinburgh Castle & stands proudly beside St. Margaret's Chaplle. If you are in Edinburgh at 1 o'clock you will still here a different cannon booming out the hour. Mons Meg is still in focus today = check out the Bonnie Lassies pictured beside this geat icon.
Address: Inside Edinburgh Castle
Directions: At the start or end of the Royal Mile depending on your direction of travel
Phone: +00 44 (0)131 225 9846
More Things to Do in Edinburgh (17)
More Reviews (44)
- See All Home of Scottish Rugby Union
- See All Sneek a Peek at the Old Town's Closes
- Good walking shoes are a must
- See All A Toll Bridge for a reason but now no...
- See All Don't Miss the Stunning Views from Here
- See All Don't believe all you read
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels