Rockit Bar & Grill: "Trendy Bar Scene on Hubbard" Japonais Tip by TRimer

Japonais, Chicago: 26 reviews and 37 photos

Rockit Bar & Grill
by TRimer

The restaurant was designed by Nate Berkus (Oprah's friend). Can we say more? This place is more of a scene than a dining experience. The downstairs is "the grill" with more of a restaurant feel. Upstairs are pool tables, leather booths and a large bar. Lots of wood paneling and antler chandeliers.

A few years back I attended a Bachlorette viewing party at Rockit. The Bachlorette, Jen Scheff, was in charge of event planning for Rockit Productions at the time she was on the show. I also dined at Rockit for a work function.

Favorite Dish: The cuisine here is what they call "trendy comfort" food - albeit on the pretentious side (can we say kobe beef burgers served with fois gras). The menu was created by the former chefs from onesixty blue. I would recommend the cobb salad and the butternut squash soup.

My New York collegues like to go here. I guess it reminds them of trendy places in NYC. I would go for a drink and eat elsewhere.

A plus is that it has a late night menu until 1:30 am.

Address: 22 W Hubbard Street
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: At Dearborn. In River North. You can take the EL (red line to Grand).
Phone: (312) 645-6000
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: American
Website: http://www.rockitbarandgrill.com/

• Updated Jan 2, 2007

Comments

TRimer Used To Live Here!

TRimer

“Too many places to see, too little time (especially now that I have toddlers)”

Have you been to Chicago?