"THEM IRISH ;)" Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Favorite Tip by sabsi

Liverpool General: 101 reviews and 95 photos

This is the last and final call....
by sabsi

Fondest memory: Bigs and I were sitting at the gate waiting for our plane back to Cologne. At the next gate there was the boarding for the Ryanair flight to Dublin going on.

After some time there came the announcement "This is the last and final call for all passengers booked on Ryanair flight to Dublin blaaaaah". Two people came running towards the gate. We thought "Haha, the Irish are late as usual" ;-)

After 2 minutes there was the announcement again, the voice sounded a bit more impatient though "If you don't come to the gate the plane will leave without you and your luggage will be unloaded from the plane". This time one guy with lots of shopping bags came.

After two more minutes the same announcement again. Nothing happened. Another announcement. Yet another announcement. Suddenly at least 20 or 30 people came running towards the gate. All the people waiting for our plane (all in time ... call it German efficiency) died laughing already.

There were a few more announcement and with every one of them there were more people coming. Finally everybody was there and the plane could take off. I bet when they announced the final (yeah! right!) call for the first time there was only the pilots and stewardesses on board.

Maybe they should cheat with departure times for planes to Ireland and announce a time which is half an hour earlier than the actual time of departure. Like this even the Irish people would have a chance to be on time maybe ;)

I have a reason for this theory by the way. I travelled with an Irishman by plane twice. Both times we had to run to the plane, something which never happened to me travelling on my own or with other nationalities ;-)

• Updated Jan 23, 2005

Comments

sabsi

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Have you been to Liverpool?