"Further off the beaten path: Provence" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Off The Beaten Path Tip by NiceLife
Nice Off The Beaten Path: 125 reviews and 149 photos
The coastal rail-line puts everything Provence within reach of Nice. Almost.
The Eastern Riviera and Provence: want to know why you can't get a train to St Tropez? Because it doesn't go there. But isn't St Tropez just next to Cannes? Its actually around thirty miles away.
Can you get to Marseilles for a day trip? Yes, but be prepared for a three and a half hour ride - consult the map. And Toulon? Yes. How far is Aix en Provence? A long long way, but the beautiful old capital of Provence is worth the effort.
Is it true that "L'on y danse, sur le pont d'Avignon"? That you will have to find out for yourself.
Distance from Nice to nearby places:
Antibes 17 km
Cannes 26 km
Toulon 126 km
Aix-en-Provence 149 km
Marseille 160 km
Avignon 200 km
Grenoble 207 km
San Remo 43 km
Genoa 155 km
Turin 157 km
Milan 250 km
More Off The Beaten Path in Nice (35)
More Reviews (154)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All One final "thing to do" - do nothing!
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels