"Wrong rates" Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1
Arlington Warnings and Dangers: 23 reviews and 25 photos
This information on rates, on the picture, was hung on the door of my room in Days Inn Arlington motel. Do NOT take it seriously. It announced that our room for two cost $125 whereas I paid $82.69.
Did they put maximum prices allowed for this category of accommodation? I don't know, but I noticed similarily high prices announced in similar way in some other motels as well, and in some other countries, I visited, too.
From my friend Kristi (Dabs) from Chicago, Illinois:
American hotels (and probably other countries as well) have something called a rack rate which is what you saw posted on the door. It's very rare that anyone actually pays this rate although I suppose it's possible if it was a very busy time of the year.
Why do they do this? Not exactly sure but likely so that a) people think they are getting a great deal when they pay less than that or b) so they can charge that rate when demand is high.
Thank you Kristi.
othercontact: Fax: +1 (703) 525-5671
Phone: +1 (703) 525-0300
More Warnings and Dangers in Arlington (16)
More Reviews (170)
- See All General information
- See All General information (2/2)
- See All Books exclusively on women
- See All More attractions at Women's Memorial
- See All Not for kids!
- See All What a meeting!
- See All Flags and the American law (2/2)
- See All Visitors with disabilities
- See All The black squirrel
- See All For night photography
- See All What an unexpected meetting!
- See All Fitness club and fun
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Arlington?Share Your Travels