"Eglise du Jesus, Vieux Nice" Top 5 Page for this destination Eglise Du Jesus Tip by NiceLife
Eglise Du Jesus, Nice: 2 reviews and 4 photos
As you wander the narrow and tightly packed lanes of Old Nice look out for little marvels, like this baroque church of Jesus. One of the official historical monuments of Nice which are often not open to the public except on special occasions like the "heritage day" in September.
Built in the mid 1600's by the Jesuits, it was Nice's first baroque creation, and probably their last, as the Jesuits were expelled from the city in 1774 and their order later dissolved. Its facade was renewed and renovated in the 1840's in faithful baroque ecclesiastical style. The riot of decoration within includes, according to the city guardians, representation of over 160 angels: a sort of Angel Delight.
More Things to Do in Nice (38)
More Reviews (151)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels