"Cardiff Buses - exact fare only" Top 5 Page for this destination By Bus Tip by aaaarrgh
By Bus, Cardiff: 17 reviews and 13 photos
Cardiff has a very good, comprehensive bus service, provided by Cardiff Bus/Bws Caerdydd. Cardiff Buses are coloured dark green and cream (they used to be bright orange!). The main Bus Station is directly in front of the Central Train Station, but buses stop in a variety of city centre locations while the bus station is being refurbished. You will find large maps of the bus routes around the city (in a similar style to the London Underground Map). The Cardiff Bus office is opposite the bus station, on Wood Street.
You pay your fare when you board the buses. Exact Fare Only applies. The drivers are not allowed to handle cash. You put your fare into the box next to the driver. No change! But let me tell you a secret - you can ask for a 'change voucher'. The driver will give you a receipt which you can take to the main Bus office (on Wood Street close to the Bus Station) and exchange for money.
Bus fares have been greatly simplified, any jsingle journey in Cardiff costs £1.50. An all-day adult travel ticket costs £3, so obviously if you are planning two or more journeys then buy a day ticket when you board your first bus.
Phone: 0870 608 2 608
More Reviews (54)
- See All Old Country Pub with Great Food
- See All The city of greedy seagulls!
- See All The Open Boat ~ friendly independent...
- See All Gigs in an old Church
- Cardiff's Parking Voucher System
- See All Norwegian Cardiff
- See All Good value with added wild life!
- Match Days in the City Centre
- Left Luggage facility at Tourist...
- See All Fireworks, fireworks and more...
- See All Cardiff 's Colourful Indoor Market
- Best Stadium in Britain/Planet Earth?
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels