"Fisher Building - 343 S. Dearborn (1894)" Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Favorite Tip by yooperprof
Chicago General: 445 reviews and 517 photos
Favorite thing: Another classic design by architect Daniel Burnham, the Fisher Building is notable for its lavish entrance sculptures - executed in terra cotta to a nautical theme that was felt to be appropriate given the "fishy" name of the building's original developer.
Note also the bay windows ascending the western facade of the structure.
The addition immediately to the north was designed in 1907 by architect Peter Weber. The bays are narrowed, the stone is different, and it's just a wee bit taller.
More Reviews (143)
- See All Nice Ice on the Northside
- See All Cocktails without tears
- See All Best Restaurant named after a Grimm...
- See All Metra Trains to/from the burbs
- See All Art Galleries in the River North
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels