"A "Laidback Way of Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Tennessee Local Custom Tip by deecat

Tennessee Local Customs: 19 reviews and 21 photos

Allan and Dee at Fairfield Glade Golf Course
by deecat

Allan and I have played golf and vacationed all over Tennessee, but a place that we've gone back to three times is in the middle section of the state in Crossville at Fairfield Glade Resort.

This photograph was taken by my sister-in-law, Jayne, who, along with her husband Ron, stayed with us one time.

The thing that we admired about this area of Tennessee was the attitude and way of life. I feel as though I am in the slow lane of a super highway. These people, fortunately, are on another time zone, so to speak. They never seem to be in a hurry, and they never seem to be under stress. Our own stress seemed to melt away whenever we vacationed there.

On this trip, we were there in the fall, which is evident in this photograph. What beautiful countryside with deep valleys, high bluffs, massive trees, and lovely waterfalls; no wonder the people are so happy.

I also noticed that this area is what I term, "The Bible Belt" of the United States. Churches are everywhere, and you see Bible scripture on Billboards along the roadsides.

If you are interested in a vacation that is relaxing, and if you love the great outdoors, I have to say that Tennessee is the place to go.

• Updated May 29, 2005

Have you been to Tennessee?