"Troja castle / Trojsky Zamek" Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Off The Beaten Path Tip by globetrott
Prague Off The Beaten Path: 755 reviews and 1,080 photos
Not far from the zoo of Prague, in the north of the city, you will find Troja castle / Trojsky Zamek that will remind you a lot of an italian villa.
This baroque castle dates back to the 17th century and was built for count Sternberg by the french architect Jean-Baptiste Mathey, who wanted to build the first baroque garden in "french style" in Bohemia.
You may still see that great garden, including an orangerie, a maze and great fountains.
The highlight is of the course the castle-interior with great frescos by Abraham Godin and the big stairs facing the park.
or take the Metro to Holesovice + Bus 112
The castle is open April till October
daily except monday
10.00a.m. - 06.00p.m.
November till March
Saturday+sunday 10.00a.m. - 05.00p.m.
NO photography inside the castle !! :-((
Phone: %B%CB%S4689 07 61
More Off The Beaten Path in Prague (68)
More Reviews (184)
- See All The townhall of Litomysl
- See All Sejbl & Hurvinek
- See All KARLOVY VARY / Karlsbad
- See All Take the train to Telc / Teltsch
- See All Telc / Teltsch - a Must for every...
- See All another lovely tourist-trap
- See All a great place for a large...
- See All TIPS are not included BUT the gratuities...
- Blue Zones in the Centre of Prague !
- See All Narodni Divalo / The National Theatre at...
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels