"The Runs" Mongolia Warnings Or Dangers Tip by andronikkie
Mongolia Warnings and Dangers: 39 reviews and 24 photos
Some people who travelled with me in Mongolia got sick from the food. In order to avoid this one can observe some hygienne rules.
1. Never drink local tap water. Buy bottled water that you can trust has not been refilled with tap water.
2. Wash your teeth with bottled water.
3. Don't eat ice-cream as it may contain tap water.
4. Always make sure no one puts ice in your drink or water, as ice is usually made from tap water.
6. If you are sending postcards home, never ever lick the stamps with your tongue.
7. Follow the old adage: cook it, boil it, peel it or forget about it. If you cannot do one of these things to your food then don't eat it.
8. Don't eat raw vegetables or fruit or fruit juices because they may not have been washed or peeled correctly.
7. Before you eat anything with your hands make sure you wash them with one of these hand desinfectants that you don't need to rinse or wash your hands with hot tap water.
8. In general wash your hands regularly with hot water, as it is known to kill germs.
9. Eat food that is piping hot. Not something that has been lingering on a buffet or a restaurant kitchen for hours.
10. Make sure a restaurant that you go to is clean and the owners look healthy.
11. Before you eat something dubbious always remember that it's not worth it to spoil the time that you have left to explore a new country, just in order to eat something.
More Warnings and Dangers in Mongolia (1)