"Shop till you drop!" Hong Kong Shopping Tip by XenosUK

Hong Kong Shopping: 477 reviews and 570 photos

Window Shopping
by XenosUK

I love Hong Kong?s markets. We didn?t get time to visit the flower, bird or Temple Street Night markets this time, but I would certainly recommend them for first time visitors. We DID go to Ladies Market and Stanley Market. Ladies Market is great for cheap tat, souvenirs and designer rip-offs and for just mingling in the crowds. Stanley is a real tourist trap and sells much the same stuff as Ladies Market, but is worth the trip for the bus ride alone ? get the number 6 from Exchange Square and try and ride on the front seat on the top deck for fabulous views of the Island.

Shopping Malls are all over Hong Kong. One of my favourites is Harbour City/Ocean Terminal, near the Star Ferry pier at Kowloon. It has such a wide and varied range of shops, from top name designers to a local supermarket, that I could spend all day just window-shopping there.

Electronics and computers don?t seem to be the same good buy in Hong Kong that they once were. We found little difference in prices from what we could get in the UK and they don?t seem to have all the latest state-of-the-art products for certain equipment. We found much better bargains and choices in Kuala Lumpur last April.

If you?re looking for cheap, everyday, casual clothing, there are several chains like U2, Giordano and Bossini all over the place, where they sell reasonable quality basics like t-shirts, jeans and sweaters at good value prices.

Theme: Other

• Written Jan 14, 2005

XenosUK Visits Here Frequently!

“I wasn't lost - I was just taking an interesting detour!”

Have you been to Hong Kong?